Saturday, March 7, 2009

The 15 People I would invite to a dinner party.

I haven't thought about this for a while, you know, where you talk about the 15 or so people you would invite to a dinner party with no limitations? I shortened it to five though. Research suggests that when you get more than six people together the group conversation splits into separate groups. Plus, I would NOT invite folks like Thomas Jefferson or Socrates, those guys are pretty intense, and I would have a tough time relaxing. So here they are in no particular order:




1. Kate Moss. She has always been cool in my book. Unflappable and articulate.




2. My brother, Matthew. He would say things that I would be too embarassed or intimidated to say.





3. Terry Pratchett. He is one of my all time favorite authors and his writings are so witty and insightful, I'm betting that he is, too.





4. Penn Jillette. Penn is a sharp skeptic who is multi-talented even though he is sometimes abrasive. I was a fan of Penn & Teller back in the day when they exposed the tricks of cheesy magicians and became even a bigger fan of their Showtime show, "Bullshit." They are great live in Vegas at the Rio. Check them out if you make it out there.




5. You. You're a lot of fun to hang out with and I value your input.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Interesting choices... I particularly like your diplomacy with #5... rather similar to your #25 in your list of 25 things...

Leslie said...

Why didn't I know you had this blog until NOW?