Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Nostalgia Movie Review

I like to go back and watch movies I really liked back in the day. So. . .I borrowed "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and discovered that as a kid, I only watched the last 40 minutes of it.

I was stunned by the carnival scene ("Where did this come from??") and dazed by the candy factory scene ("Candy factory??? Did they CGI thi...s in??"). I was also shocked that it was based on a book written by Ian Flemming, the same guy who brought us James Bond, 007. But then when the main female character's name is "Truly Scrumpious" I was totally reminded of his Bond character "Pussy Galore" from the James Bond movie, "Goldfinger." Oh. . .and Roald Dahl wrote the screen play for CCBB. . .go figure.


Anyways. . .I fast forwarded to the fantasy/story sequence set in "Vulgaria" and left it at that.

No comments: