Sunday, February 15, 2009

Car-tires and Alligators

I just saw this story on the news where the Nolichucky river in Greene county has over 30,000 old car tires in it that were dumped there back in the 1950s, but the company that dumped them has long gone out of busines and the owner died years ago. SO, the state can't clean it up because they have no one to bill. The good news is people in Greene county are trying to get a grant that wil pay for it.

I like the Nolichucky. Me, Christine, and Trey went white water rafting in it years ago. That was a good day

Almost totally unrelated. . .When I was jogging one day along 3rd Creek, a family on bikes passed me on a bridge and their little boy saw old car tire in the creek and said "HEY! LOOK! An alligator!" and pedalled on. Ahh, the power of imagination.

"There is no Life I know
To compare with Pure imagination
Living there You'll be free
If you truly wish to be"

No comments: